The other day I ePublished my first novel ‘Gone’.
It was pretty simple, took about 10 minutes.
1 -Add New Item
2 – Fill out Forms (4 steps)
At this point you’ll be taken to a form with four steps.
Step 1 should expand automatically. If for some reason it doesn’t simply click the + box to expand
2.1 Enter Product Details
You should now see
Here you’ll be able to enter:
- Book description
- Authors – click the add/edit button
- Publisher (if you’ve gone through a company like createspace you’ll enter that, or leave it blank)
- ISBN (if you’ve already registered the book for an ISBN enter it here. otherwise leave it blank)
- Language – drop down menu
- Pub Date – select today unless you have previously published this
- Keywords – this is how people will search Amazon to find your work
- Edition Number – if this is your first time it’s either 1 or 0 or leave it blank
- Series Title – if this is a part of a series of books, that goes here
- Series Volume – this is it’s position in the series
- DRM – ok this is what Amazon says about this So use your own judgement on this one and do some research. Let me know what you think. I went With it for my novel Gone.
- Product image – This is your book cover. this is what the Kindle store will display. for example
Finish Step 1 and move on(Click the SAve Entries Button in the Lower Right corner)
2.2 Confirm Content Rights
Ok I may not be 100% on this but basically If You own all the rights to your book, then it’s your choice on worldwide or individual territories. If the rights are shared (with a publisher etc) you most likely have to consult with them on this.
Then Click the Check box on B. and ‘Save Entries’ to move on
2.3 Upload & Preview Book
This is pretty simple. Browse to find your manuscript.
I went with a Word file.
Converting from word to an HTML file resulted in a lot of odd characters. And I don’t have a way to see what happens with a PRC.
Then Click upload and this should happen
once the file is upload a preview button will appear
2.4 Enter Suggested Retail Price
That’s all she wrote folks.
The publish button on the top Right bar should ‘Turn on’
(i totally forgot to take a screenshot when I did this the first time… so imagine that lighter )
Click it and now it’s time to tell the world you published your novel and promote it!
and remember people don’t have to have a kindle to read a digital book from Amazon.
They have a variety of Apps for different platforms like Mac, PC, iPad, Blackberry & iPhone (and more are coming)